Common Leafy Vegetables that Require Inspection
Red Leaf Lettuce
Spinach GreensOne of two methods may be used:A. Leaf by Leaf Inspection:
1. Separate leaves.
2. Soak in water.
3. Make a complete, leaf by leaf inspection.
4. Wash off any insects prior to using.
B. Chazaka Check for Large Volumes of Leafy Vegetables:
1. Throw out outer leaves.
2. Separate leaves of three heads of the vegetable.
3. Do NOT wash leaves.
4. Check the three heads leaf by leaf.
5. If one bug is found in the test heads, all the produce in the consignment must be checked leaf by leaf.
6. If no bugs are found, the rest of the shipment does not require checking and may be used after […]