Opening the Dishwasher Door
- Should not activate any tones or digital readouts (e.g., ‘door ajar’ icons, settings).
- Should not trigger an interior light to turn on.
- Should not trigger a change in door icons. (e.g., Some dishwashers display the word Clean at the end of a cycle. Opening the door to unload dishes may cancel the display.)
- When remodeling a kitchen with a new dishwasher, it is advisable to install a separate kill switch to let you cut power to the appliance at will. Turning the switch off before Shabbos or Yom Tov allows you to open and close the dishwasher without triggering any lights or icons.
Double Drawer Dishwashers
- May be designated as one for dairy use and one for meat.
- Should not be run simultaneously, in the event there is a malfunction and one backs up into the other.