FOR THE YOSHON CONSUMER: PRELIMINARY ESTIMATED GUIDELINES
(The dates given below are preliminary likely to change over the next few weeks.)
We expect the Chodosh grain started to appear in products as follows:
1) Freshly baked items using spring wheat, including breads, challahs, bagels, rolls, pizza and some cakes and cookies may be Chodosh in the Midwest after the PURCHASE DATE of July 29. Elsewhere in the US, this date would be Aug 12.
2) Packaged foods from spring wheat may be Chodosh after the PACKING date of July 29, or the PURCHASE date of Aug 12.
3) Noodles and pasta may be Chodosh after the PACKING date of Aug 13 and the PURCHASE date of Aug 27.
4) Barley, such as pearled barley, may be Chodosh after the PACKING date of Aug 9 and PURCHASE date of Aug 23.
5) Oats: Oats in all products, including cereals, may be Chodosh starting with […]