The following models may be used on the Jewish Sabbath or the Jewish Holidays (Yom Tov) in accordance with the instructions below:
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail.
- On both the Sabbath and the Holidays, electric heat may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off.
- For use on the Sabbath, food must be in the steamer before the Sabbath begins.
- On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the controls should be covered with cloth, or with tented aluminum foil, leaving 1/2 to 1 inch space between the controls and the foil. (Covering the controls directly with foil may cause the element to shut off.)
- This steamer has a timer. However, a tone has to be cancelled when the time is up, so this feature is not useable for the Sabbath or the Holidays.
- After recovery from a power failure, the steamer will return in the OFF setting and cannot be used again for that Sabbath or Holiday.
Caution: This steamer has a safety feature that will shut it off
if the water boils out. See your Use and Care Guide for details.