Wolf Built-in Convection Steam Oven
This is to certify that WOLF CONVECTION OVEN, Model CSO24, may be used on the Jewish Sabbath or the Jewish Holidays (Yom Tov) in accordance with the instructions below:
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. See your owner's manual for instructions on operating the Sabbath mode. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
- The oven temperature may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath or the Holidays.
- These ovens can only be used on the Sabbath or the Holidays at temperatures of 210° F or below. At higher temperature the fan shuts off immediately when the door is opened. The convection mode is best for Sabbath and Holidays.
- For these ovens, the temperature displayed will be the actual temperature until the set temperature is reached. Thereafter, the displayed temperature will remain constant at the set temperature. Make sure you are at the set temperature before the Sabbath/Holidays begin.
- For detailed instructions for making this oven usable on the Sabbath and Holidays, contact your retailer.
- On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
- All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
- On the Sabbath, the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed, and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
- These ovens have a timed bake feature in the Sabbath mode. This feature can only be initiated before the Sabbath/Holiday. Once timed bake goes off, the oven cannot be used again for that Sabbath/Holiday. (Please note that when timed bake shuts off, the time will continue to flash at 00.00.)
- After recovery from a power failure, these ovens will recover to the Sabbath compliance setting but with the power off.
- The use of steam in an oven may present meat/dairy issues. Check with your Rabbi for details.