LG Electric Ovens
With the Sabbath Mode Feature
The following LG electric ovens may be used on the Jewish Sabbath or the Jewish Holidays (Yom Tov) in accordance with the instructions below:
LG Electric Ovens
|T* : TS/TB/TW S* : ST/SB/SW
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. See your owner's manual for instructions on operating the Sabbath mode. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
- On Sabbath and Yom Tov, the electric heat of this cooktop may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off.
- On the Sabbath, the manufacturer does not recommend putting a "blech" on the glass electric cooktop surface. Instead, just the controls should be covered.
- Cooktop must be turned on before going into Sabbath Mode.
- After a power failure, electric cooktops will stay off
- The glass electric cooktops cannot be kashered for Passover. For the rest of the year, be sure to wipe the cooking surface clean between meat and dairy use.
- The oven temperature may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath.
- On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
- All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
- On the Sabbath, the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
- On the holidays, the temperature may be adjusted (but not initiated or turned off) at any time following the instructions in the owner's manual (because there is a delay between the request and implementation). Some models have timed bake in the Sabbath mode. (Only models that have timed bake in the regular mode will have timed bake in the Sabbath mode.) This feature can only be initiated before the Sabbath/Holiday. Once timed bake goes off, the oven cannot be used again for that Sabbath/Holiday.
- After recovery from a power failure, all these ovens will stay off.