Thermador Gas & Dual Fuel Ranges
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
1. Do not use the XLO burners on the Sabbath or Holidays.
2. On the Sabbath, a gas flame may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off.
3. On the Sabbath, a "blech" should be used to cover the flame in addition to covering the controls of the cooktop. When using a blech, use only one burner at the lowest setting. Using more than one burner could cause potential overheating and damage to the cooktop or components.
4. On Yom Tov, a gas flame may not be initiated or turned completely off. For gas cooktops, raise and lower the temperature as required for cooking.
5. During a power failure, gas cooktops will remain on.
6. The cooktops are equipped with re-ignition. In the case that the burner is blown out, the igniter will re-light the burner.
2. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
3. All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
4. On the Sabbath the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
5. On the Holidays the temperature may be adjusted using the directions in the owner’s manual. In the Sabbath mode, the oven runs in 22 minute cycles, with a 19 minute active phase and a 3 minute access phase in which the oven is idle. For the last two minutes of the 19 minute active phase, the “oven on” and “preheating” indicator lights will slowly flash indicating the upcoming standby period. Once the standby period is reached, the indicator lights will stay on for the 3 minute access phase duration. Adjust the oven temperature during this three minute idle period.
6. There is no Timed Bake in the Sabbath Mode in these ovens.
7. After recovery from a power failure the units will return to the start up screen. The oven comes back “OFF” in regular non-Sabbath mode.