Bosch Electric Built in Ovens
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
2. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
3. Oven light stays on or off, depending on user setting it when entering Sabbath Mode.
4. All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
5. On the Sabbath the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
6. There is no Timed Bake feature in these ovens.
7. In double ovens, only one oven may be operated in Sabbath Mode.
8. A cooling fan will run the entire time the oven is on.
8. After recovery from a power failure, the oven comes back "OFF" in regular non-Sabbath mode and consequently, the light will go on when you open door.