Thermador Electric Ovens Masterpiece Series
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
2. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
3. Oven light stays on or off, depending on user setting it when entering Sabbath Mode.
4. All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
5. On the Sabbath the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
6. There is no Timed Bake feature in these ovens.
7. In double ovens, only one oven may be operated in Sabbath Mode.
8. A cooling fan will run the entire time the oven is on.
9. After recovery from a power failure, the oven comes back "OFF" in regular non-Sabbath mode and consequently, the light will go on when you open door.
1.The warming drawer temperature will run at a medium temperature (165 F) for 74 hours in the Sabbath Mode.
2. The drawer temperature may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath or the Holidays.
3. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the drawer controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
4. Food should be placed in the warming drawer before the Sabbath begins, as in a regular oven, since none may be placed in the drawer during the Sabbath.
5. On the Sabbath, the drawer may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the drawer may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired. When the timer is used (max 5 hours), the drawer may be opened/closed at will once until the timer shuts off. When the timer is finished, an “H” will show in the display until the drawer cools (~20 minutes). Opening the drawer during this period could cause the drawer to cool and the “H” to be removed from the display.
6. The warming drawer will run for 74 hours (or until turned off)at medium temperature in the Sabbath mode.
7. After a power failure, the units will return in an “off” state. If the drawer is still warm, an “H” will show in the display until the drawer cools.