Samsung Gas Ranges
The following models may be used on the Jewish Sabbath or the Jewish Holidays (Yom Tov) in accordance with the instructions below:
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. See your owner's manual for instructions on operating the Sabbath mode. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
6. For models with a warming drawer, the warming drawer and SAB mode will not operate at the same time.7. After a return from a power failure, the oven returns in the SAB mode but off.
Consumers should be aware that when raising or lowering the oven temperature on the Holidays in the Sabbath mode, no numbers are displayed. It is suggested that a simple analog oven thermometer be placed in the oven to monitor the actual temperature.
1. The drawer temperature may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath or the Holidays.
2. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the drawer controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
3. Food should be placed in the warming drawer before the Sabbath begins, as in a regular oven, since none may be placed in the drawer during the Sabbath.
4. On the Sabbath, the drawer may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. When the timer is used, the drawer may be opened/closed at will once the timer shuts off. On the Holidays, the drawer may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
5. The timer can only be initiated before the Sabbath/Holiday. Once the timer goes off, the drawer cannot be used again for that Sabbath/Holiday.
6. If the power fails when the warming drawer is ON, when the power returns, the drawer will return in the OFF setting.
7. The warming drawer timer has a three hour duration, no more no less. Once the timer is set to on, it will run for three hours and then shut off.