NOTE: Products bearing STAR-K P on the label DO NOT contain Kitniyos or Kitniyos Shenishtanu (kitniyos that have been manufactured and transformed into a new product)
|Anise4||Dextrose (possibly chometz)||Peanuts 2|
|Ascorbic Acid1,3 (possibly chometz)||Emulsifiers 3||Peas|
|Aspartame1||Fennel 4,6||Poppy Seeds 2|
|Beans (including Green Beans, Edamame, etc.)||Fenugreek 2,6||Rice 5|
|Bean Sprouts||Flavors3 (possibly chometz)||Sesame Seeds|
|BHA (in corn oil)||Glucose3 (possibly chometz)||Sodium Erythorbate1|
|BHT (in corn oil)||Guar Gum 3||Sodium Citrate1 (possibly chometz)|
|Buckwheat (Kasha)||Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (possibly chometz)||Sorbitan 1|
|Calcium Ascorbate1,3 (possibly chometz)||Isolated Soy Protein||Sorbitol 1|
|Canola Oil (Rapeseed)||Isomerized Syrup||Soy Beans|
|Caraway Seeds 2||Lecithin||Stabilizers 3|
|Chickpeas||Lentils||Starch (possibly chometz)|
|Citric Acid1,3 (possibly chometz)||Maltodextrin1 (possibly chometz)||String Beans|
|Confectioner’s Sugar (possibly chometz, look for KFP symbol)||Millet||Sunflower Seeds|
|Coriander4||MSG3 (possibly chometz)||Tofu|
|Corn||Mustard||Vegetable Oil 3|
|Cumin4||NutraSweet1||Vitamin C 1,3(possibly chometz)|
1. Kitniyos Shenishtanu
2. Should be avoided on Pesach.
3. Unless bearing a reliable Passover certification.
4. Only acceptable when the certifying agency has documented that all chometz issues have been resolved.
5. Those people who eat rice on Pesach should confirm their rice is Kosher L’Pesach and free of problematic additives. For more information, see www.star-s.org.
6. The bulbs, root, and greens of these items are not kitniyos; it is only the seeds we avoid.